Travel & Accommodation
TravelClick the pages below for the latest travel, visa and accommodation information.
- Congress venue
- Visa Requirements for South Africa
- Obtaining your “Letter of Invitation”
- Travel arrangements
- Travel and tourism
NotesCLICK ON ‘CONGRESS VENUE’ LEAD TO:
PathReD 2019 Congress Venue Venue details to be inserted Coming soon
18 – 21 July 2019
PathReD 2019 will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa
To learn more about the venue, click here to visit the congress venue website
Entry requirements for South Africa For the latest information on South African entry requirements, please select this link: Department of Home Affairs for the Republic of South Africa
- Apply early! The recommended visa application processing time is 4 to 6 weeks. However, this is subject to change.
- South Africa does not process visas upon arrival. Only select countries are able to enter without visas, and you must check with your local embassy or consulate to determine your individual entry requirements.
- Contact your local South African Embassy or Consulate for current information. For a list of locations, please select the following link: South African Representation Abroad.
- PathReD is not responsible for assisting with visa processes. A Letter of Invitation can be requested during the registration for PathReD 2019. Please note PathReD cannot contact an embassy or consulate on your behalf.
PathReD 2019 Letter of Invitation Your letter of invitation is sent upon request during the online registration process for PathReD 2019. If you do not receive your Letter of Invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. and include your registration confirmation number.
Please contact Travel With Flair (021 419 1350) to arrange flights to OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg. Delegates are requested to make their own travel arrangements on time. A complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from OR Tambo International Airport. Travel logistics will be communicated to staff on time. Note:NHLS Staff requiring financial assistance should complete the Scientific Travel and Events Attendance Form and submit completed forms to: email@example.com.
PathReD has pre-arranged accommodation at the congress venue. Pre-arranged accommodation will be provided on a first come – first serve basis. Please indicate whether you require accommodation on your online registration form. For queries regarding accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PathReD 2019 Travel and Tourism Information The information below aims to serve as a guide for local PathReD 2019 travel and tourism information. Please direct additional queries to PathReD email email@example.com Attire Conference attire is business casual for all days Conference Shuttles A complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from OR Tambo International Airport. Internet WiFi and internet access will be available at the congress venue and hotels. Please check with your hotel to determine if a fee is charged for these services. Meals Pre-arranged accommodation at the congress venue includes breakfast. Should you not be utilizing the congress venue for accommodation, please check with your hotel to confirm if breakfast and dinner are included in your nightly room rate. Morning and afternoon tea breaks as well as lunch will be provided at the congress. Dinner will be available for purchase at the hotels and restaurants at the congress venue. Money The local currency is the South African Rand. ATMs are available at the congress venue. Safety and Security The City of Johannesburg Tourism Information recommends the following:
- Keep your valuables such as jewellery and mobile phones hidden whenever possible.
- Keep high-tech equipment such as cameras on your person at all times.
- Try to walk in groups as far as possible, especially at night.
- Pickpockets usually operate where there are large crowds. Be sure to keep your valuables safely tucked away on your person.
- Try to follow main routes when travelling and stay in well-lit areas at night.
- Hitch-hiking is dangerous. Do not pick up strangers or accept rides from people you don’t know.
- When driving, stow your bags and other valuables out of sight, keep your doors locked and be vigilant when stopping at intersections.
We look forward to seeing you at the PathReD 2019 Congress!
PathRed EvaluationsClick to Evaluate
Already RegisteredClick to login
View Invited Speakers
PathReD Scientific Programme